Today, 26th June, I added keywords based on Planner’s suggestions from my channel page (which needs 73 more subscribers to get a custom url, btw).
- The Darkness got the top relevant recommendations “free movies online, watch movies online, watch free movies online, free movies to watch, free movies on youtube, fx makeup” which I’d call pretty bloody generic. These are quantity over quality keywords, I reckon. Sheer volume.
- Moonlit Road got “melbourne theatre, shows in melbourne, short film stories, melbourne show.” These keywords are more specific to the type of content most available on the channel, and more descriptive of this particular video.
- Open Window got “free movies online, watch movies online, watch free movies online, free movies to watch, free movies on youtube” the same generic collection, because I want to see how it compares with the more specific keywords of Moonlit Road. Both videos are fairly similar.
I’ve put in my calendar one month from now a reminder to: Setup analytics to compare jun26-july30 with may24-jun25. I’ll be asking myself some questions:
- Did these videos’ stats increase?
- Did Moonlit or Open Window increase more, based on existing performance? (ie did the more generic terms or the theatre specific terms help this otherwise similar content?)
- Which new keywords do the best? Did they do better than previous keywords?
See you in a month.